A few years ago, if you wanted to move from iPhone to Android, or vice versa, the truth is that it was a huge job. In fact, the simple fact that we think about changing would make us think twice, so there was a time when users didn’t use to change their operating system.
However, as would be expected, Android manufacturers realized that actually this was a problem for “stealing” customers to Apple, so they started developing ways to do it faster and more automatically and nowadays it’s already possible to make a change of operating systems, in general, easily. But yet there are still some limitations and one of the limitations was on WhatsApp transfer and the long history.
However, this is a process that manufacturers did not seek to solve, so we were hoping that Meta will make this functionality available in the application itself, because a backup of our history is already made. And at the beginning of this month he arrived at Beta and today became available to all WhatsApp users.
So if you’re moving from an Android phone to an iPhone, you can transfer your account information and your profile photo, individual conversations, group conversations, conversation history, files and settings. However, it is not possible to transfer the call history, nor the name that is shown to the contacts.
For now, the explanation provided by Meta is only for Samsung smartphones, but it is possible that it works on other equipment. To make it possible to migrate the iOS chat to Android make sure that:
- It has version 18.104.22.168 or higher of the Samsung SmartSwitch application installed on your new device.
- It has version 22.214.171.124 or above WhatsApp iOS on your old device.
- It has version 126.96.36.199 or above WhatsApp Android on your new device.
- It has a USB-C cable for Lightning (or equivalent adapter).
- He’s using the same phone number on the old device and the new one.
- The Android device is new, with factory settings, or reset to factory settings.
Migration from iPhone to Android
If you meet these requirements, you can already migrate from iPhone to Android. Meal that the explanation provided by Meta is only for Samsung, but it is possible that it works with other equipment.
To do so, just follow the following steps:
- Turn on Samsung and use the cable to connect it to your iPhone when asked.
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch process.
- When asked, use the iPhone camera to read the QR code displayed on the new device.
- Tap Start on iPhone and wait until the process ends.
- Continue the configuration of the new Samsung.
- When you reach the main screen, open WhatsApp and log in with the phone number you used on the old device.
- Tap Import when requested and wait until the process is over.
- Finish activation of the new device. Your conversations will be available in the same.
Following these steps you will already be able to migrate iOS to Android from WhatsApp chat history.